It's not that life has been uneventful or that I have been without thoughts to write down. We've had plenty going on around here, but my spare moments haven't been spent at the computer or even behind the camera.
Most recently, Blake has been away. He had a work dinner on Thursday night, and he left early Friday morning for the Bahamas, also "for work." Anna just isn't herself when Daddy is away; thankfully, Mo D came for a visit, which made the change much more fun for everyone. Here's the list of all that we did while she was here:
- A visit to the phlebotomist for Anna's second round of bloodwork.
- Dinner out with Aunt Kaity.
- Two rounds of shoveling, eating snow, making snow angels, and enjoying the fresh air.
- Literally HOURS of homemade play dough fun, two days in a row. It'd been ages since we played with play dough, and Anna could not get enough of making worms and playing with tools of all kinds.
- The usual obstacle courses, story-reading, puzzles, painting...
- A brief happy hour visit for me with Spinning colleagues on Saturday evening.
- A viewing of The Grinch cartoon (at Anna's request, obviously).
- Muffin making
.- I finally (FINALLY!) set up my new sewing machine and can actually use it.
- Mo D lovingly cleaned my car and our garage while Anna napped (not to mention all the other clean up she did while she was here).
- Toenail painting.
- Popcorn and The King's Speech by myself on a Sunday afternoon.
And, after Mo left, Anna and I ventured back outside to enjoy the sunshine. We had "so much fun" trying on old shoes and winter gear to see what still fits after we came inside. Finally, Daddy arrived home just before bed. While we LOVED having Mo here, it's really so good to have Blake back home.
A snuggle while viewing the Grinch.
A Daddy worm.
Loving her play dough.